Troškūnai Railway Station is a cultural object of the 19th century. It is an example of wooden architecture. The building of the station was finished around 1898, it contained three entrance halls. The drawings of the windows and the door, authentic tile stove have remained till nowadays. This is the biggest preserved narrow gauge railway station on lithuanian narrow gauge railway.
The exposition of the narrow gauge railway at the station reveals development of the narrow gauge railway in Lithuania, road net and railway traffic facts.
The town of Troškūnai, which is 2 kilometers from the station, is famous for its bernardine monastery and church (18th c.) – another architectural monument. Among numerous values and legends of the object, the picture of the Virgin St. Mary is the best known, since a special altar was projected for the picture.
Troškūnai Railway Station is the last stop of regular train service Anykščiai – Troškūnai – Anykščiai.
View the embedded image gallery online at: